|INSTRUCTOR NAME: The Spirit Of All Our Black Ancestors|
|COURSE NUMBER/COURSE TITLE: D’Jango Unchained In The African American Diaspora|
|TITLE OF ASSIGNMENT:|
|DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT:|
|PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT:|
|• Make a list of preliminary Resources for this project.Preliminary Resources for this project include Roots, A Fistful of Dollars, Amistad, Precious, Madea Goes To Jail, Pariah, Red Hook Summer, The Color Purple and all Quentin Tarantino movies. You may also read books such as Roots, Beloved, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Madea Goes To Jail and Encyclopedia Brown.
• Read and Explore resources related to your project. Black people must read and explore resources related to your project or not read them but at least cite them as if you understand. For example:“Yeah yeah I get that the movie is supposed to be based off of Sergio Romero (Pronounced: Leone) films but it’s historically inaccurate.”“I know Spike Lee made Do The Right Thing but fuck that nigga. He ain’t made a good movie in 10 years!”• formulate a research question that you hope to answer. Questions such as:“Why is Spike Lee a bitch ass hater who don’t want to see a movie about slavery?”“Who the fuck does Dick Gregory think he is?”
“Which utterances of “nigger” were appropriate and which made you feel awkward?”
“How many white people were in your theater and did they laugh at the appropriate times?”
“Why wasn’t there more slavery in the film?”
“Why was there too much slavery in the film?”
“Why didn’t this film solve racism?”
“How did this film make up for 400 years of black oppression at the hands of white people?”
“Why was the n-word used so many times?”
“Why are all black people who disagree with you stupid sheep who can’t possibly have the same understanding and appreciation for blackness that you do?”
“Why should D’Jango Unchained be 100% accurate to all of the events that occurred during and around slavery?”
“Why should D’Jango Unchained be 100% accurate to all of the events that occurred during and around everything that’s ever happened to any black person ever at any point in time?”
“Why only sellouts and uncle Toms can’t get excited about seeing white slave masters get their comeuppance?”
“Is that one dude gay for holding Jamie Foxx’s dick?”
“Why they selling them dolls though?”
“How can a white man make this movie when Tyler Perry hasn’t even gotten a chance to make his historical opus on slavery yet?”
|• This assignment is due by the end of black history month or you will have your blackness revoked.
• All forms of media must be as long enough for everyone to want to roll their eyes and change the subject all ready.
• This assignment is 50% of your blackness for 2013
• Format: Mp3, video or written
• Sources there is no limit or minimum for sources that must be used in this assignment. If you are black that is source enough to pontificate on the very idea of this film for hours.
• All people with degrees in African American Studies MUST complete this assignment or they will have their degrees revoked.